View Single Post
Unregistered 12:24 PM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
My daughter has asthma. It took us moving for me to get her a new doctor to find it out. He doctor told me she just had "a snot nosed cold" from the time she was born until we moved here to Ohio when she was seven. She would have "colds" for months on end, which I found odd. After we moved to Ohio her new doctor ended up diagnosing her with Asthma. I guess what I am saying is that it is possible for cases to go a long time without being diagnosed, especially when parents like myself know little about it.

My daughter who does pretty well with it in the summer (except for when swimming a lot, something about it gets her I think it is the odor of the chemicals). But now true to form this time of year her allergies started up, and she is wheezing and coughing up a storm and will likely be pretty constantly until spring. It is NOT a fake issue, and most doctors won't just "fake" it. DD had to have THREE doctors visits where there was wheezing before the doctor could make a diagnosis, the doctor said that was the medical standard because you can wheeze and not have asthma.

It is a SERIOUS chronic condition and to take a lax attitude about it as a childcare professional is dangerous.
who has taken a lax attitude about it?