View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 06:17 AM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Lord knows we all can use as many prayers as we can these days.

Just wait until her little darling comes home off the school bus saying the "f" word.

If something so small as a prayer sets her off then she's in for a wild ride in life.
Not saying this mother particularly, but some parents would be more comfortable with little Johnny saying the f-word or any other curse over a prayer. Like you said, we can use as many prayers (good thoughts, positive vibes, whatever you want to call them) as we can these days!

I am Christian (Lutheran to be specific). My grandma lived with us, she was a devout Catholic, my dad grew up Catholic and even went to parochial school at the elementary age. That said, I find religion fascinating. Not just the Christian religion. I am always interested in learning more. For the longest time I thought Satanism was worshiping the devil with sacrifices and the like. I got a copy of the Satanic Bible and it is all about self worship and you are solely in charge of your own life (destiny). Very interesting. I have my own personal beliefs that don't necessarily tie into the Christian church, but to other religions I've learned about, and I think the God I worship is ok with that.

When I interview a new family I do inform them that though I am NOT a Christian based daycare, I am Christian. We have a Christmas Tree up, and a Nativity scene at Christmas. We celebrate Easter as well. We go to church (almost every Sunday). I teach Sunday School once a month. My kids are likely to talk about church/religion related things. They are taught that different people believe different things and taught to respect those differences, but at the same time, I can't always prevent them talking about our religion. Most of my families have Christian based values and celebrate major holidays. I have one dad who is not religious, but Santa and the Easter Bunny still visit.