View Single Post
Fml 07:11 AM 10-30-2016
I was in a similar situation at a daycare and I unfortunately have legal action taken out against me.
I was alone the day before with 10 2yr olds and on the day of my incident I asked for help.
I got help but that person left without saying anything and it resulted in a child walking out of my class room.
My assumption is that she followed that teacher out because she was crying all day and just wanted her and well I had 9 other kids so if she wanted that teacher I'm not going to be mean I let her stay with her. As we got ready to transition from lunch to nap time a parent walked in ( now at this time the assistant was still in my room) she asked me a question about her children so I went to speak with her. Knowing the other teacher was there I turned my back. At some point during that time the assistant left and I'm assuming the child followed right behind her.
My director came and asked for the child and when I looked behind me to say she was with the assistant that was when I noticed she and the child were gone. My heart sank and it felt like eternity but this all took place in a 5 min time span.
I now have acs on me and I am not permitted to be at work.
I think of it on a teacher position and on a parent position as I am both.
And I cry just thinking about it in every way because if the possibility of anything that could've happened and if I knew the other teacher wasn't there I NEVER WOULD'VE TURNED MY BACK!!!!!!
I am sorry that happened to you and I'm glad you had no legal suit put out on you