View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:53 AM 04-04-2017
Lots of times I will do that, to make an extra long weekend. But this year I'm not. I'm taking an extra day around Memorial Day, because I'll be finished a 45 hr. long course right before that and know I'll need an extra long weekend to play catch-up and take a much needed breather.
I have listed in my handbook the definite days I'm closed every year but also add that I may include a day here or there to make an extra long weekend. I also include in my handbook that I will probably take a vacation at Christmas time but that's not written in stone. I make my vacation plans around my dds who both live far away and have to fly home.
I think if you'd like to make it a 4 day weekend, why not??? Oh and my rates depend upon enrollment, not closures, sick days, holidays, vacations, etc. I tell parents I do NOT take advantage of time off. And I clearly don't. But I still need a life of my own to do something or nothing as I choose. I give as much notice as I possibly can, except for things that come up unexpectedly.