View Single Post
Mom of 4 logged out 07:01 AM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Exactly! When my child gets sick because dcps think its ok to bring their sick child to daycare making all kinds of excuses, I get so upset. My ds has been sick so many times that he had to take antibiotics, borderline pneumonia, puking at night, all because of dcps being selfish. My husband and I work it out so he can stay home with our ds when he is sick. I don't and can't understand why others can't do the same. It's scary having your child so sick.

Now I am very strict with my illness policy and I don't care what you or your doctor said it is. As long as your child is coughing uncontrollably nonstop, constant runny yellow/green mucous, etc your child needs to stay home. And if you want to play the clueless dcp bringing your child back and still has problems you bet I am calling you for pick up. If you are not happy with my illness policy, you are welcome to find a different daycare. My family's health and wellbeing is much more important than your money!
Agreed.

And as a now-DC PARENT of children that goes to daycare so I can work FT and go to school FT, I don't like when parents dose and dash and then MY kid gets their child's illness. The parents lack of respect and lying affects more than just the provider, too. It affects ALL of us other families. I would NEVER do that to my provider! I don't want HER getting sick or her little babies or her own kids. And when parents dose and dash, and my kid gets sick, they're sure not thinking about MY sick time (or lack thereof) or my school being missed. THANK GOD I have older kids to which for a few hours, the oldest can babysit, but if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to work or go to school because of a few lying parents.