View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:56 AM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by littlelionspreschool:
Hi everyone,
I have recently had a big problem with one family in my care (custody issues and now issues with being dishonest about illnesses). I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on termination? I have only terminated one other family due to an incident involving multiple bitings and inappropriate behaviors. That termination went horribly....parents were furious and threatened me multiple times. I just don't want this termination to go the same way. I'm sure the last family I terminated bad mouthed me around town and I am afraid this mother will too. She is very vocal about her opinions and posts a lot of drama on Facebook as well. I just don't want her to ruin my good business reputation especially when I will be having 6 spots open at the end of summer (kids going to Kindergarten). Am I able to have her sign some kind of contract stating she will not slander my business? I honestly don't know if she would even sign it if I asked her too. I don't know what to do!!!
Any of these issues "fixable" so that care doesn't need to be terminated?

If not and you do terminate, the best thing to do is e-mail your licensor and give her a run down of the situation. Most the time if parents try to report you (even if untrue) the head's up to your licensor will save you a lot of trouble later.

I doubt you could have her sign anything but even if she didn't and slandered you, you could possibly threaten her with legal action if she does not cease and desist.

Otherwise, if she is merely the gossipy drama type person I've found that in my experience others rarely listen to those types and the ones who do are the types of clients you don't want anyways...kwim?