View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:07 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I see this as a logical way to address situations where parents do not know the differences in licensing classes.... certified or registered or licensed exempt or operating illegally all together.

Also isn’t Oregon a state that allows a license holder and provider to be two different people? I thought I read something about additional training requirements for providers that aren’t the license holders and the requirement to provide a copy of the license is one way the state is addressing this confusion.
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
You don’t need a copy of you providers license either. There is literally zero reason for it. Part of the required paperwork in my state includes collecting a receipt proving you provided them with licensing’s contact info.
Maybe, maybe not ..... Oregon seems to have a specific issue (?)

Originally Posted by CalCare:
No one I have toured has ever asked to see my posted one (we are required to have a license here and we are required to post it). So if I had to hand them out, same would hold true, that not a single one would know that I am supposed to hand them one. So, this doesn't solve the problem of illegal, unlicensed places starting people up with care and providing care because obviously the parents wouldn't know they need to be handed a license copy- just like they already don't know I have to be licensed and have my license posted. If an illegal, unlicensed place never mentions it, the parents would assume it's legal just because they don't know anything about licensing.
True but it sure covers DHS’s butt

Originally Posted by CalCare:
I like the idea of every family getting a copy if regs. But I don't want to be responsible for printing and handing out. They should get it themselves from licensing! Ha, yeah right. Once it takes a little effort, never mind, they don't want it after all!
I’m required to give parents a summary of my state’s Family Child Care reglations/requirements—- I do it electronically via e-mail.
No additional cost or real time loss on my part.
I require parents to reply so I have proof.

Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Nail/Hair Stylist-many run these out of their homes and how would I know if they are licensed through my state to do hair/nails and if they have a license to run out of their home

Electricians/plumbers/contractors-I would like to see their license before they come into where ever I'm needing their services and make sure they have something show they are licensed to do the service I have hired them for. If I'm having someone do work for me, want to make sure they know what they are doing and two they are licensed to do this job.

Real Estate Agent-Really don't want to get through the process of trying or buying a house to find out they aren't a real agent.

Insurance Agent

The list could honestly go on and on but I guess the point is, there are many professions out there that need a license but we don't ask or feel the need to see their license. I know I have read stories and I'm sure you all have where someone isn't the profession they say they are and your like how could that happen.
You are legally entitled to a copy though if you ask.

As I said previously, child care just isn’t comparable to any other business. Being a service provider for ANYTHING other than children just isn’t as regulated. When children are involved it invokes a different set of logic.

I feel what is happening is states are letting to many people slip through the cracks and because of the states mistakes, we know have to go through the extra steps in order to make things right.
Exactly what so many providers (Annalee, Cat Herder etc) have been venting about.... Oregon just seems to be later in joining the circus...

I’ve been saying it forever... child care as we know it (knew it) will be non-existent before too long.

This is what I'm thinking-why daycare providers and not everyone who holds a license to work in their profession.
A bad manicure or even a leaky plumbing job just isn’t comparable to providing care to a child.

As always it boils down to liability.
Depending on who’s tush is on the line or in the spotlight at the moment. *sigh*