Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
ARGH Mad at myself and at dcg.
I have a bunch of soft balls over a gate that the dcks have to ask to play with because well, they're balls and it's inside the house. So after lunch dcb asked if he could have a ball to play with, I said sure, as long as you don't throw it in the air. I said it like 3 times. I was cleaning up the 2 little ones and almost done and dcb comes running into the kitchen, telling me dcg threw the ball, hit the ceiling fan, it fell. Well, this kid is a constant tattler so I went in, assuming he'd over-dramatized what happened. My fan was wobbling and a blade was on the floor. My fault; balls don't belong in the house(if we take them outside to play with my dogs pop them). But I figured telling a 4.5 and 5 yo to not throw them in the air........
*I said I'm sorry* she says. With her as long as she says sorry, then everything's just fine. I've been trying to tell her saying sorry is just part of anything she does. You can't constantly hit people and just say sorry. You can't do anything/everything you please, thinking sorry will make it all better.

Ugh, just a vent. Gonna be a long summer.
That age is tough.....

I am forever repeating "Don't TELL me; SHOW me" when the kids adapt a method of justifying bad behavior with a simple "Sorry". Sorry doesn't fix it. It's just the wrapping paper on the gift. If they (general they) are truly sorry they will assist fixing the situation and by changing their behavior in the future.

I'm sorry this happened. It seems like you fix one thing and something else is immediately "out of order"