View Single Post
mamajennleigh 10:46 AM 02-01-2010
The only time I tell parents not to bring their children is if my little one is throwing up or has something that is very contagious/dangerous. They all recently had a bad cold, so when my little one was running 102 temp, I called and gave the moms notice and told them it was up to their own judgement if they wanted to expose their kids to it (all of the d/c babies were getting better by the time my little one got it of course lol).

One mom kept pressing me to take my little man to the doc, but I saw no reason whatsoever to take him. He did not have a dangerously high fever, he was still eating and drinking (although he was throwing up 1 or 2 times a day from coughing), and he showed me no signs of being in danger. He was just sick with whatever nonsense was going around at the time. She wanted me to take him to the doc so she would "know what he had" so she could decide if she wanted to bring her daughter or not. I explained that with a 102 temp and vomiting/diarreah, plus a green runny nose and terrible cough, it was almost certainly contagious no matter what the name of it was lol! We did end up taking him to the doc when we thought he had an ear infection, but that was only after he had been sick for over a week. Nope, just a bad cold.

I always give my parents the option when my kid is sick, like I said, unless he has symptoms that require me to be with him constantly. In that case, I call them and let them know he is too sick to be around anyone.

Like the others above, my older boys (17,13,12) all just stay in their rooms upstairs and aren't around the d/c babies at all when they are sick.