View Single Post
CityGarden 10:22 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
And do you mean policy conflicts as in, they don't agree with them?
Yes. It could be the policies of a program that parents don't agree with, it could also be the tone of a program's policies...

In example, my program contract allows for ample family breaks and holidays throughout the year - this obviously would not work for every family. My program also requires children to bring lunches from home which also would be a deal breaker for some families, etc. - those are examples of potential policy conflicts.

Also, I also have found the tone of some contract / handbooks to be negative in tone and that can be off-putting.

In example, a provider can say:

"We provide all inclusive care including diapers, wipes, supplies and all meals so no additional items are needed. For the safety of all children please do not bring individual items or bags from home."

alternatively a provider could say:

"We do not allow any outside food or supplies from home."

Both convey a similar message but the tone is different. I personally do not feel either is wrong. I will say you have to know your community and clients. In my community the second wording would be off-putting but my best friend who is a lawyer would rather that wording so you have to know your audience.

(These comments are not specific to you.... just general feedback from moms in circles I know in regards to their experiences.)