View Single Post
morningrl 09:18 AM 07-05-2017
First, your website gives me the impression you are educated, loving and dedicated to making the children in your care become better people. Sounds to me as a provider and parent of many years myself, you know absolutely what you are doing and I would leave my kids with you. However, small details of a first impression can trigger things in all the different parents out there. Like photo's, videos, your opinions and sometimes you can share to much. While you would like parents to like and agree with everything you do and believe in, there are some details, with every parent they could use against you before they get to know you. As most mentioned, clean up the photos. Clean rooms, no kids in them, make sure the environment looks safe. While I loved the look of your food photos and it made me starving, I have picky kids of my own and have had picky daycare kids who's parents would feel their kids would starve having to eat, "NON KID FOOD". While that is a healthy choice for you to serve, you do not have to market it that way. Simply saying you cook healthy home cooked foods should make all parents happy. Some mentioned taking out the video, maybe, or at least clean it up as well, not quite as long and detailed and a shirt without cleavage showing as well. Also, I am one who thinks my parenting style is the right way and would love to tell parents how to parent, but parents do not like that. Having a link on your daycare site to a blog with info on how to parent would turn me away. While your opinion on parenting sounds great, there are many ways to parent and do a good job. The fact that it looks from your site, you are a mother of young children and you say in your video you are a new provider, does not show that you have enough experience to say that your way of parenting will raise children the right way. As you cannot know that yet without having raised wonderful children into adulthood yourself. Again, I want to share my opinions of the perfect way to raise kids myself, but non of us really know what that is or want to hear it from someone else. Maybe have your blog for people who want your parenting advise but not, linked to your daycare site.