View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:21 PM 01-05-2016
I go back and forth on this food issue so much. Just call me Mrs. Wishy-Washy.
One day I think my job is to feed them, if they eat great, if not too bad. Then the next day I feed them 2nds of things I know they'll eat, even if they didn't finish everything on the plate because I don't want to deal with grumpy kids later.

But this week I've been very stubborn about given my picky almost 3 yo anything for 2nds unless she eats some of the fruits and veggies on her plate(hey, give me A for effort) .
Yesterday we had salmon, brown rice, broccoli, cucumbers and cantaloupe for lunch. Automatically she refused everything except the rice. I told her she was not getting anymore rice until she ate some of her fruits/veggies. So she ate the head off her broccoli, one slice of cucumber and about 6 pieces of cantaloupe. If you know this child you'd say that was incredible! Nobody ate the salmon(except me)so that was kinda a gimme. Today the same thing happened at lunch, she ended up trying a carrot. Then was so proud of herself that she has eaten a piece of pineapple until I found it on the floor. Sly dog she is.
But as long as she keeps trying bites of this and that.