View Single Post
Jessie 11:50 AM 12-21-2011
My program is just getting started and I had planned to use a Reggio-Emilia inspired curriculum, as I did when I was teaching preschool years ago. Now my only enrolled child so far is 15 months, plus my 10 month old daughter, and our days don't go quite how I imagined them when I was getting ready to open!

I feel like we spend a lot of time eating, getting ready to nap, napping, and eating again. We get outside if the weather is nice for about an hour, and spend about 1.5 - 2 hours in the playroom, depending on how all the napping and eating goes.

So I guess I have 2 questions - I'd love ideas for things to do with toddlers. I saw a post earlier about this, but I'm hoping for a really good list. He's just starting to be able to use markers (if VERY supervised), but paint has been a disaster. Some interest in reading. LOTS of interest in dumping out baskets of toys.

My second question is if anyone else is using a Reggio inspired curriculum. I've only done this with preschoolers, but I know it can be done with the little guys too, just looking for collaborators.

Thanks!