View Single Post
nannyde 04:49 AM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
What do you do with these little peeps? Besides free play, outside play, etc...

I am finding this little group to be bored with free play and lack of attention span for anything else. Need some new ideas- sorry if this has been brought up before. It just happens to be where I am at right now.

How do you handle not having to be side by side all day with this age? Getting them to play by themselves for more then two minutes. I love to get play going, but feel if I move away from this age group- all is loose-

Love some ideas, favorites etc....
I don't allow boredom behavior. I have a room full of great toys and a good amount of space for them to free play in. It's within their "boredom" that they learn to be phenomenal players. Don't worry about the boredom phase. Necessity is the mother of invention.

I don't do side by side play with them. I do off to the side supervision of them. I want the adult in the room to supervise their play and do the corrections that are necessesary when kids become bored. They will start breaking the rules of play so we spend our time watching their play and making corrections.

We want them to find their joy and passion with the toys and each other. They will always prefer an adult to play with but once you do that there's no where else to really go in their happiness. We prefer to leave their happiness to themselves and provide careful proximal suprvision.

We have phenomenal players.

We have a lot of toys available to them but these are my current collecting passion. I have a HUGE collection now and we are trying to add to it with some of the bigger multi pronged blocks. They will play for HOURS with these with just a smidge of help building the base. Awesome exercise up and down off the floor and great for the small motor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:B:BCA:US:3160