View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:41 PM 02-04-2013
Okay the second one sort of sounded like it at first until I could hear the wheezing. This baby doesn't wheeze and his chest doesn't heave like that. I don't think it's breathing problems and I've noticed that he does it mainly when he is unhappy such as when he wants to be picked up and I can't immediately get to him.

I've been experimenting with him today and I found that If I don't pick him up and hold him right away he will grunt louder and louder, if I pick him up he will stop immediately (but I have to be standing and moving around). If I just pick him up and I'm on the floor (kneeling) he will whine like a puppy as if he is unhappy ??? he has a sad pouty face on. If I put him back down he goes back to grunting (it's almost like a growl) and if I take too long to pick him up he starts to scream/cry. At that point if I still can't get to him quickly and let him cry for more than a few minutes he completely goes wild and starts to scream and at that point even if I were to pick him up it can take me up to 1 hr and 15 minutes to get him to calm down. It's literally like a screaching cry that's repetitive over and over again ...
RRaaghh! RRaaghh! RRaaghh! RRaaghh! RRaaghh! RRaaghh! RRaaghh! nonstop.

At that point after I finally got him to calm down he went back to puppy whining until he fell asleep (I had to swaddle him and give him a bottle) and then went back to grunting for about 10 minutes then stopped once he was in deep sleep.

He does this with DCM too but she of course has the ability to pick him up and carry him immediately, I don't have that luxury. This baby wants to be picked up within a minute or two of starting to cry.

He just went to the Dr's and DCM said that nothing seemed out of ordinary. She will ask about it again next month when he goes in to get vaccinated. At this point I think it's just his way of asking for attention but he sometimes does it when he's just hanging out comfortably playing in the baby gym or on his tummy. He's content but still grunts. He rarely babbles like a baby ... just makes grunting noises. Weird.

And after the majority of the morning of repetedly hearing the same thing over and over it's a little tedious lol ... think ....
Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr Grrr

Same tone, same length for long periods of time.