View Single Post
caregiver 09:18 AM 10-10-2013
I have a DCG just like this! She is also into the hitting mode where she will hit the other kids and think it is funny. I have repeatedly told her it is not nice to hit others, but it doesn't seem to get through to her. Time outs do not work with her either. I have talked with her parents about this and she will hit her brother at home also, but they don't do much at home to get her to stop it, from what I gather. So it is a on going battle with her.
Sorry that your things are getting ruined by this child. My books also are getting ripped up and I refuse to buy anymore books until the kids can play with them nicely, which might be awhile. When they don't play nice with the toys, won't share etc. I will take the toys out of the room and put them in another room until they can play with them nice and sometimes they have almost no toys left to play with.
Same with when we do crafts, if they start throwing things on the floor, like crayons,paper etc, then we will stop and then they can not finish until they can behave. I think my kids are just in the testing mode right now and want to see how far they can take things before I say something, which is typical at this age. It takes a lot of patience to do what we do and I admire everyone of you that does daycare, we have a huge job to do and a lot of responsibility on our hands.