View Single Post
Valerie928 07:54 AM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
“I cannot have a child here who is doing XYZ while in my care”. This is the phrase I have used to set up a possible termination for a child who tantrummed and hit her head off my floor repeatedly, a child who was so sleep deprived her whole personality went wonky after Christmas and a child who had such chronic constipation she pooped blood.

2/3 parents took me seriously and made changes. The other one I terminated. I would also stop talking to them at the door altogether. Email them a nice long email with your concerns and your ultimatums and say something like “I am writing this email because it can be difficult to chat at pickup and I do not like talking about children in front of them” this totally lets you off the hook of having a face to face confrontation with unreasonable people. Once they reply you can go from there. The point of the email is to once and for all address it and let them know if they do not change you are terminating. This way they are not blind sided.

Good luck!
Thank you! This is also great advice. I plan to type something up for tomorrow. I will also be doing "bye bye" outside as pick ups are absolutely ridiculous. If things don't improve I will have to term. I am actually feeling stress. I am very laid back normally and cope but it is one thing after the next with this kid and it's just getting to be overwhelming. I appreciate your advice 😊