Thread: Help Please!!
View Single Post
Christian Mother 10:19 AM 02-28-2011
I lost quite a bit of sleep over this over the last couple of days...prayed a great deal and then today...was numb...lol!!

I just came out and told DM that I am having quite a bit of problems with putting down DB at 10am. I explained that there is so much noise at 10am and i couldn't possibly ask these children to be quiet as DB is sleeping at 2 yrs old...they don't understand that. She explained that DB that with me putting him down at 10am its helped them as he isn't waking up until 4am now. I said that he isn't getting a full nap in as he can't sleep while the children are playing..it's just to load and then he wants to sleep into 1pm as he missed that first hr trying to rest. Not to mention that I use those 2 hrs to decompress...Cleaning w/listening to soft music helps me get a clear mind...eating my lunch..reading. Those are for me hrs. I said I shouldn't have to work through my lunch. We should all be able to have those 2 hrs for our selves. She was not happy at all. But, at least I said what I wanted to...nervous...but I didn't hold back and I was honest with her about how I felt.

You know, I wonder with both DM and DD bc DD said he isn't sleeping at all for them at night and can't be put back to bed once he's up. I asked what time he goes down for bed and she said between 7:30pm-8pm. So by the time he goes home which can be anywhere between 4-4:30pm he really is only getting 3 hrs of time with his parents. I agree with Nannyde that a child should always have 5 hrs of time with there parents that way they are good an ready for bed. I didn't get a chance to say that though bc she rushed me off and said she will speak to DD about this. I smiled and said no worries. So, either 1 of two things happens. DD comes early lingers and down loads on me about why I can't work on this with them...or he comes at his time of pick up 4:30pm and doesn't say anything but picks up his child and leaves. Now, all I need to do is discuss with DD about him lingering at DC. That I leave for Tues. as my husband will be home and gives me that added security to talk to DD.