View Single Post
BoysMom 03:04 PM 04-08-2020
I've been closed for almost 4 weeks now, since my sons' school sent them home. I only care for two other school families, 2 kids each, plus my own two youngest sons so when there's no school, there's no daycare. We've just been told that they're not going back to school this year, so I'm officially closed until mid-August. I'm hoping to be able to collect pandemic unemployment for the 10 weeks I'm supervising my own kids' schooling instead of watching dcks, but fortunately all our day-to-day budgeting is covered by DH's paychecks so the lack of funds coming in isn't an urgent problem.

I'm loving the laid-back evenings with no sports practices or games, no meetings, and no homework battles. DH is going in to work (distance education support) early since he isn't dropping our older kids at school which means he's home earlier in the evenings too. My days are just as stressful as dc, but in a different way. I'm helping my 6th grader navigate his online classes and keeping it quiet enough for him, supervising/schooling a 4th grader and 2nd grader with their weekly assignments, and still caring for my 2 and 4 year olds who don't really understand why brothers are home but still doing school and why their friends aren't coming over every day anymore. I look forward to naptime every afternoon when no one is allowed to bother Mommy when she's working on her jigsaw puzzles.