View Single Post
sariejohnston 07:41 PM 01-24-2015
I have 22 four and five year olds in my classroom, luckily in the mornings I have a co-teacher we split the kids up so I have 12 of the 22 we go out to play outside or Ina different classroom while her class does table work, then we switch... It's still crazy because my students have a hard time follow directions. But in the afternoon we have to move three of the kids to a different class leaving me with 18 kids by myself until 5:30 it's so stressful especially transition time going to the bathroom, snack... They know what is expected of them, they know wE line up with a bubble in our mouth and hands behind our backs, in the hall we sit criss cross apple sauce but they do not listen to me and I competely lose them... They play in the bathroom constantly, cussing is Also a issue, playing violent games like jason, freddie and chuckle, constant throwing fits and Whineying... One thing we do is we write notes in their folders for their parents to read they don't like it but they keep repeating the same behavior every day! I Feel like I am always yelling because they are so loud I cannot hear myself think or talk.. By the end of each day my throat hurts!! I have searched and tried so many techniques to help these kids follow directions but nothing works beside bribing them with candy which I feel is completely wrong I shouldn't have to give out rewards for them to behave, but nothing else works.. Help!!! I dread going
to work on Mondays because it stresses me out, I have been working with kids
since 2006 I never have seen kids behave like these kids. I am newish at this current place my co worker has been their a long time so all my ideas are usually ignored, looked past, I feel like I cannot make any changes with out asking her permission although she is only their mornings until 2:30..