View Single Post
Unregistered 11:25 AM 04-21-2015
Thank you for the responses! Dcm and dad work for an oil industry company, so he is a truck driver (long shifts, sometimes random) and mom does dispatch work, so her shifts are 12 hour/4 day shifts. She called me at lunch today and explained it all to me and asked me if I would consider it and I told her it would mean a change in pay and I would need to think on it, but that I love dcb and would hate to lose him, but she honestly has no other options in terms of childcare, so if I don't do it, then she will have to find a new job or stay home. I lose money in both those situations. If she finds a new job with standard hours, I will work more, for a less rate, since she would be a "normal" client and I charge her more right now for the irregular and long hours.

The hours are so long, but I love the little guy and I am trying to weight the odds of longer hours with him, versus taking on a new kid and having potential problems. My son starts school int he fall, so keeping my crew small means I can transport easier and have less overhead, but again, the hours make me scared Thank you so much for the input!