View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:20 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It is so complicated Thrifty! I just don't know how to base my rate and with the continual changes, I just want to make sure I take care of myself, kwim? I am just not sure what to charge and if I go to easy, I feel like I am setting myself up for future issues with schedule changes, where I may end up kicking myself later on. Agh! I hate making decisions!
Given what you have added to the scenario...honestly the ONLY way I would do this is if the family simply hired you on as their nanny.

I would see if you can contact some agencies or area care places and find out what the going rate is for a nanny.

If the family pays you $400-$500 a week, you could basically be available when she/he NEEDS to work and even put up with a few changes in scheduling.

If however, the schedule changes so that additional hours are needed (say more than 5+ hours) or days then the rate will be increased.

I don't know, I am just thinking out loud because with what they are asking of you, you would basically be equivalent to a nanny. Just that you aren't in their home...kwim?

Anything less than $400-500 ....and I am seriously leaning towards the $500 mark as they are asking for a lot of 13 hour days .... anything less and I don't think it would be worth it. Plus you are already spending a ton of time and attention on even deciding if you should that I suspect you will have to do the same when she again presents "ANOTHER" schedule change.

I say term your other child and ask for nanny rates. Otherwise, these people really don't need in home daycare. They need a nanny or another parent.

That's a lot of hours away from their momma for such a little guy.

Good luck OP...I am sure I wasn't very helpful...

Keep us posted as to what you do decide to do.