View Single Post
auntymimi 08:55 AM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
3.5 yo dck called her mom out today for lying. I kept a straight face but I was dying inside!

This is the dcm who "cant pay" despite the Disney cruise she's taking her 2 kids on (paid for by her) and the $500 in new clothes for her 2 kids (1/2 paid for by child support).

I ran into them at the grocery store this evening and dck ran up to me to show me her new shoes. They're spiffy. Her mom comes over and tells me dck really needed tennis shoes and hopefully they'll last through the summer because mom can't afford to buy anymore.

Dck pipes up and goes 'I got 4 new shoes!' and dcm goes 'no, you have 2 shoes, 1 pair' and dck goes 'Nuh-uuuuh. I got 2 new shoes, and 2 new shoes, and that makes 4!'

Mom was silent. I'm guessing dck got 2 new pairs of shoes. Time will tell when dcm pays up and dck comes back to daycare. I'm betting I will see 2 new pairs of shoes within the first week. No skin off my back, dcm has no daycare until she's paid up so her priorities are not my problem.
Same here. I finally had to get tough and say "no pay, no stay". I got a long sob story about "I'll have to take off of work, I guess, until I can get together the payment. How will I pay my bills now? Deep sigh" Uhhhhhh, maybe not blow 500 bucks at the state fair, forgo the brand new tablet for your 2 y/o, buy sensible CORRECTLY FITTING shoes from payless for the preschooler instead of Jordens, eat at home once in awhile. Just a couple options...anyway I received a call that very afternoon that, miracle of miracles, money for care had been "found".