Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
MsLisa 03:38 PM 08-04-2015
So my boss tells me, in private, that they are frantically looking for his replacement, dipping as low as to anyone in the building who has a degree. Apparently the CEO mentions me enthusiastically, and i'm like wow, me? I didn't think she even knew who I was. BUT....

Then my boss laughs, tells me he told her "Oh no no no!" and that was that.

I laughed it off and played the "oh well" card but inside I'm insulted. I'm mad. He literally "c*ck blocked" me from the position.

No, I don't have a degree in education but I have been here for almost a year with on-job experience. No, I don't have experience as a director, but I learn quick. I went from SAHM to Coordinator in less than a day of volunteering there. I have the potential and drive. Apparently my boss doesn't see that even though he brags about me all the time.

I want to write the CEO an email, letting her know that I am truly flattered to considered and ask if she would be willing to take me on as an Assistant Childcare Director. That way I can learn those ropes and go from there. I'm not one to go over people's heads but I feel as if I deserve a freakin chance.