View Single Post
Leigh 07:00 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Essentialrose1:
I know that it is the job of the teachers to modify, redirect, talk to, comfort...whatever has to be done/tried to help a child that is showing a challenging behavior. My center is full of caring & super dedicated teachers. However, during frustration I've seen each & every one raise their voices at one point. There IS a difference between yelling & raising their voice. But that's my own personal feeling & I want to make sure I am helping my staff as best as I can. What is your policy on this?
All I can say is that a therapist that I have worked with in my daycare told me that I NEED to raise my voice now and then, and that I can't be so soft spoken all the time with the kids. She told me to use the same voice my mom used with me when I was in trouble, and that the kids need to hear my deep, raised, MOM voice when it was necessary. I am not one to raise my voice, but I have learned to be much firmer, and occasionally do raise the volume when necessary. It IS different than yelling, and it does work.