View Single Post
daycare 01:29 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
It's to prevent someone else from falling in and drowning. For example, adults and kids are inside getting suits on and the pool is outside unsupervised. Another client arrives to drop off her child and the child somehow gets into the back yard, or a client arrives to pick up their child and they go out front and that child somehow gets into the backyard or another child in neighborhood wanders into her yard through wherever (gate accidentally not locked/latched well enough, hole in the fence etc) and goes in the pool and drowns.

She won't win, guaranteed. The regulations even with the update clearly say that the pool has to be inaccessible and leaving it alone for any period of time for someone else to come in from anywhere else isn't inaccessible.

Water is a HUGE thing here in CA and she won't win if shes trying to get it cleared from her file. If they come back and try to suspend or revoke her license (which they may very well try to do because it's that serious a violation) then she can fight the punishment and say that she doesn't deserve to lose her license and but she'll still have the violation on file.

I read the regulation and to me it's clear. Bodies of water always have to be inaccessible or supervised at all times. Small bodies of water need to be filled immediately before use ... meaning right before you're going to use it. Get suits on first then go outside and fill with water. Dump immediately after the kids get out. Even water tables are like that here in CA ... buckets of water, wagons that get rained on, a hole in your garden etc. If you are not directly supervising a "body of water" that is not fenced off then it's not inaccessible.
MV you beat me to it...

I was going to comment on both of what you highlighted.