View Single Post
Indoorvoice 11:22 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
They obviously want the care they have paid for and feel like they can drop the kids off whenever. I would ask them if they want 3 days of care each week because that means we will need to revisit the contract. Explain that you offer a flexible schedule but charge for 3 days for THEIR convenience. It is a convenience charge. If they want 3 days rotating days they will need to pay more. Explain how ratios work and how you need to know when kids are here so you can take on more kids in the future.
They do pay for 3 set days a week regardless and they're very good about it so that's where my problem is. I get that they want to use what they pay for and even encourage it, but she's giving me her own schedule saying that many of the weeks she only wants 2 of her days and then ends up coming on her 3rd day anyway AFTER she told me she wasn't going to use it without telling me. So I think I have a paid day off, but she decides to come without telling me if that makes sense. She always pays for 3 days whether she only comes 1 day or 3 and she knows those are set days and doesn't try to come on days she doesn't have reserved. BUT I'm trying to decide if I should keep allowing her to tell me she only wants 2 days and then show up for her 3rd without notice or if since she's paying for 3 days regardless, if I can say "sorry, you told me you weren't coming today so I took the day off." it doesn't seem right to not let her stay if she paid for it, but it keeps ruining my days off because I don't think anyone is coming and they just show up! I don't know if it's right for me to just let her decide if she wants to use 2 or 3 days on a whim. Do I need to be available for her paid days even if I think she's not coming?