Thread: Covid-19 Poll
View Single Post
Annalee 06:57 AM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
My heart breaks for these stories.

I wasn't sure how to personally answer the poll.
I was sick in March and there wasn't any testing available here. I was told that I had pneumonia from my X-rays. They suspected it might be covid, but my O2 was at 94 and I didn't have a temp at the time. I had severe breathing issues. I was in/out of the ER in a two week period because I felt like I was suffocating. Prednisone and a Z-pack didn't touch this.
I have had pneumonia before, this felt so much different. Usually, I feel chest heavy and slight short of breath with it (I have asthma). This was a panic inducing suffocation. I was exhausted, pale, could barely talk without having to take several deep breaths for one sentence. Two weeks prior, I had an intense sore throat for a day and a mild temp of 100. For a day!
The "after" has lasted one and off for 4 months. Dr's are saying it's my asthma. I don't believe it. Asthma for me is attacks- short attacks that my inhaler has controlled for decades. I have had two (negative) CV tests now in the past couple months since as I still have some lingering issues that come/go ("asthma"- they switched my meds again that are surprise, of no help).

My mom is one of the conspiracy theorists about this pandemic. She tells me "see, you had it and you didn't die."

But I tell her- I wanted to.
It was that frightening.
My aunt is scared, too, as we are for her!!! She sounds so weak when we talk to her.