Thread: Fees
View Single Post
Sunshine69 06:42 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
For me it was because the subsidized parents were the most demanding, least responsible and rudest clients I have had.

Add in the low reimbursement rates and the fact that I was shorted for well over three months of pay with no recourse, "no longer in the budget".

Who in their right mind would sign up for that again???
I agree.

The one subsidized family I have now was actually my second family to enroll when I first opened. I kept them because I like the family. Mom also had prior childcare experience running a center for the county so she understands the regulations I have to deal with. One child was a handful and mom made no bones about it and expected no special treatment. Now, the child is in Kindergarten and has made such improvement, it’s the best part of daycare for me, seeing the progress made.

I’ve interviewed other families that are exactly the way you describe. Couldn’t show up to the interview on time, let the kids behave like rabid animals during the interview, lost their paperwork, etc. By the time I had to make a decision whether or not to enroll I knew it wouldn’t work.

I’ve even interviewed some and given them all the enrollment paperwork only to be told, just in time, “Oh, by the way, we’re subsidized. You accept that, right?” NO! Not because they were subsidized, but because they weren’t up front about it.

The one family I have is the last I will accept on subsidy. Currently I’m still waiting for payment for three kids for care for the month of September. If I made the kids wait that long to feed them breakfast and lunch, I would be neglecting them. Somehow it’s acceptable for the government to deprive me of my ability to provide the same for my own kids by taking so long to pay.