View Single Post
dEHmom 04:46 AM 01-28-2011
I agree with what was said about the peanut butter allergies. My doctor always told me do not give any child peanut butter until they are at least 2 yrs old, but preferably 3 yrs old. I never listened, but I got lucky. She said they can eat the peanut butter many times, even daily but because they are so young it is more likely they will develop the allergy over time if introduced early. They could be 5 yrs old by the time they have the reaction.

Also, my parents used the same laundry detergent my whole life, never changing it once. Then one day I had an allergic reaction to it. Over time, the products do build up in your system. Or sometimes maybe you put a tad bit more soap in the load, or a few less items into the load, making the soap concentration higher. Not likely the suspect, but i broke out in hives everywhere that the soap touched. If it didn't touch it, I was fine and hive free.

Unfortunately with children, it's not fun to determine the cause of an allergy. But if you have a likely culprit, like the peanut butter, then she should definitely get checked for AT LEAST that. More than likely this is what caused it.
I know that all the schools around here are now nut free schools and some are even egg free! Allergies are everywhere now. At least where I live.