View Single Post
nannyde 10:23 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
They do believe that it is a peanut allergy although this little girl has had peanut butter at home many, many times. I would never feed a child peanut products if I was not 100% sure that it was okay! In this case it was okay for this little girl for over 6 months. But that's what they said at the hospital, that it could come on just like that!
This means that they were giving a twelve month old peanut products.

If you are going to keep this child you need to HEAVILY research peanut and nut allergies. Having even a slight exposure could take her life. You will need to be completely peanut free which will most likely DRASTICALLY alter your food life. You also need to make sure that ALL kids coming into your home are peanut free EVERY day. Some children can even react to peanut residue on clothing or on another child's breath.

I don't keep kids with peanut allergies because I can't maintain a peanut free enviornment. It would be too rsiky for them to come here. I would have to terminate this child immediately.

The children with nut allergies are protected under the disability act so if you choose not to go peanut free and terminate you may have to prove it is in conflict with the best interest, health, and safety of the other people in your home (your family, you, your other day care kids).