View Single Post
daycarediva 08:21 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I understand that you have to charge what you charge for daycare but you do not understand that parents have to live to. I can not go broke and not pay my bills so that I can pay for daycare. We just want a good daycare for an affordable price. I think it is ridiculous that you talk about parents that way because you do not know their financial situation and what might have cause. They have to work to make sure that they put food on the table and they have to find daycare to provide the necessary things that their child might need during the day. Consider the parents and what they have to sacrifice to afford your prices instead of talking about parents. Next time be more considerate and understand the parents financial obligations. What you want me to do pay you or feed my child when they are not in your care and take care of my child.
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
We have the same bills that parents do and make less money in most cases. I know I make FAR less than my families do. My bills are actually higher because of the kids. I have higher gas and electric bills, higher water bills, higher grocery bills, the list goes on. On top of all that, there is no reason that a childcare provider should have to live in poverty. Childcare providers are not charities.

If you are so destitute that you truly cannot afford quality childcare AND food, there are programs to help assist parents pay for childcare (or food, or both).

As a provider with a high quality program with a waiting list, I get sick of parents with expensive cars, nice clothing, hair and nails done telling me that they can't afford my rates. The truth is, they CAN afford it but they chose to spend their money on other things. Their choice, but it shouldn't lessen my income (or my program, which is what would happen if I reduced rates).