Thread: So Sad...
View Single Post
3kidzmama 09:29 AM 02-25-2011
One of my biggest fears is a fire in my home, most likely because our house burned to the ground when I was 3 years old and I was inside. My mother was blessed to be able to get the both of us to safety although she did suffer burns.

In my home, if I were in the bathroom when a fire broke out in the kitchen, I would not be able to get into my kitchen or living room. Because of where my stove and kitchen doorway are, the fire would most likely block the entrance to both rooms. For this reason (and because I'm paranoid about the possibility of a fire) I try to make sure my kids are in the same part of the house that I am (not necessarily in the bathroom with me, but at least in that end of the house). This way I feel safer that I could get to them and get us all out safely.

Also, we shouldn't assume that she was cooking and left it unattended. We all know how quickly little ones can get into mischief, and it could have been that one of the children went into the kitchen while she was in the bathroom and messed with the stove. Granted, this still means they were unsupervised for a few minutes.