View Single Post
saved4always 05:46 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Two of My own four children had two teeth before three months old and six teeth by six months. Notba fever, whine or anything out of those boys. :-)
My own 3 kids never got fevers with teething. But I have had parents try to blame teething for fevers.

Parents will sometimes grasp at anything so they don't have to miss work. I understand, when I worked full time, I only got 5 sick days on a rolling calendar. So if I called in, I did not get that sick day back until that exact date the following year (call in on 2/10/2012, get that sick day back 2/10/2013). I was always on the edge of going over my sick days at which point I would have gotten a verbal warning. It was very stressful for me and I am sure I sent my kids to daycare when they were borderline sick because I was afraid for my job. That is when I decided to quit and stay home with my youngest. With 3 kids, it was just too much; someone was always sick. So it no longer made sense for me to work outside my home.

That being said, it is not ok to bring sick kids to daycare, tryiing to pass it off as teething or whatever. I can understand the stress of working but I don't allow sick children to come to childcare and I will send them home if they develop a fever anytime during the day.