View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:37 AM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nan is the one who helped me make the switch to charging based on pick up times but honestly I was way too lazy to break it down into 15 minute increments like she does () and went with hour blocks instead.

If a parent chooses to pick up at say 4:00, they are still billed the 4:30 pick up rate since I don't offer anything in-between.

Buuuut are still considered late (and charged the late fee) if they don't pickup at 4:00 so they need to be smart enough to figure out that they are paying until 4:30 and if they want that extra bit of time, they should have scheduled until 4:30 vs 4:00

I used to have my rates and stuff all written out in text form, but I have learned over the years that parents read AND remember things better when they are in a "prettier" format than just black and white words....kwim?
Yep, I finally caved not too long ago and went with Nan's style of charging as well but like you I didn't want to charge in 15 minute increments either. I did however go with 30 minute increments. Like you, if they are scheduled until 4:15 they get charged until the next block (4:30 for me) and they are still late if the go past 4:15.

And I agree about the "prettier they are the more likely they are to read and remember it" thing. You are so RIGHT! Ever since I changed my layout to my handbook and contract a few years back I don't have as much trouble with people coming in and saying they never read it or they "forgot" about that clause.