View Single Post
misol 07:14 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Yeah, it doesn't sound like you are too worried about it and neither would I. Spanking IS a personal preference and no one should pass judgement on how you parent your OWN children.
She was clearly passing judgement. Her facial expressions and body language said it all. I explained to her that there is a clear difference between two swats on a diapered bottom and a beating with a belt. It's more to get their attention than to actually hurt them. I offered to continue the discussion with her at another time but then later decided that if she brought it up again I wasn't going to discuss it further. I was just prepared to tell her that if she thinks it's going to be an issue or that her child is in jeopardy of being spanked then this is no longer a good fit.

I totally respect a parent's decision NOT to spank but I don't respect parents who let their children "run the house." There are some parents (like this one) who think that not spanking means no discipline at all. They have ZERO consequences for his actions and behavior. I have witnessed dcb hit mom several times and she never says or does anything. I had to say something to him in front of her because she certainly wasn't going to do it. The funny thing is that I was planning to have a tallk with her about his behavior and ask her for suggestions because there has been no improvement since they started. Now, after this whole spanking bit, I am totally uncomfortable even having this conversation with her!

Originally Posted by missnikki:
I hope you are working on your waiting list/ advertising those spots. Would you even consider letting her withdraw her notice? Personally, I don't think I would. Well, maybe I would, but I'd definitely spank her first. (kidding)
I wish I had a wait list I have started advertising with reckless abandon though. At this point I would let her withdraw her notice because I need the money. Once I find someone to fill the spaces they are gone. I am figuring that if she truly thought her children were in danger she would have pulled them immediately especially since she isn't working. And this mom CERTAINLY needs a spanking for letting her kids behave the way that they do