View Single Post
professionalmom 05:35 PM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
professionalmom, my degree is in Criminal Justice too. I knew there was a reason I liked you
Ditto. And your update post reminded me to state something VERY important: Although I support a parent's right to spank or swat his or her OWN child(ren), I do not support ANYONE hitting, smacking, spanking, etc a child that is NOT his or her own, including DAYCARE PROVIDERS. Nor do I support abuse. I just feel that there is a difference between a "swat" and a "whooping". If you don't know the difference, then for the love of God and all His children, do NOT use any form of physical discipline.

Misol, I am guessing this is basically your stance too. There's nothing wrong with that. Some parents think giving their kids an occasional Happy Meal is fine. Some think it's so nutritionally wrong that they think it's abusive. So, as with everything else, parent as you see fit. My guess is your kids will turn out to be wonderful, productive members of society. And if they are anything like me (who got a handful of swats when I was young), they will grow up and thank you for raising them to be people they can be proud of (like I have thanked my mom)!