View Single Post
e.j. 04:43 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I ALWAYS go over policies! We have a tour, then sit down to answer questions of each other. After I answer their questions, we sit down and go over contract/handbook (mine is ONE document). This helps so much when I have BOTH parents here to ask for clarification on policies, and lets me know if one or both parents can't abide by them. THIS is the time for them to decide whether my place is the fit for them. I don't do more than one meeting with parents-I want them BOTH to participate in going over this stuff so there is no question that they agree to it.

I'm not one to waste my time on enrollments. I LOATHE recruiting new customers and hate interviews. I want to get it ALL done in one meeting. This also helps avoid a 2 week back and forth of texts/emails/phone calls of parents trying to negotiate because they are no longer looking me in the eye.
Same here. I'd much rather parents know and agree to my policies right from the start. That way we both know if we're a good fit or not and they can't tell me later that they "didn't know".