View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I do ask for payment, trust me. Yesterday was nuts I was trying to leave fast because I had evening plans and when I have so many families with different schedules ie tuesday/thursday, monday, tuesday, friday, monday/friday, full time etc, sometimes I lose track until I sit down and do my books on who has/hasnt' paid. I guess my point of the post is, I am sick to death of telling people that I need to be paid. I would like it to be friday and just get fricken paid without having to remind people. I am not afraid to tell them, but am tired of doing so.
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
lol and I just got a text from Tuesday/Thursday not to fret that she set a reminder to come on today on her lunch to pay me. I hadn't sent her a reminder yet.
Will she have a late fee attached?

If not, do so...that removes you having to remind them.
If the late fee is high enough you won't have to remind them ever again.

MUCH of my business is conducted without discussion.

My rules in regards to payment and/or scheduling have natural (and stiff) consequences. NONE of which are waived or disregarded. That alone creates a firm but simple guideline for payment and thus reduces me having to say a single word.

Case in point, a DCD (new-ish clients) just dropped off (mom does 99% of drop offs/pick ups). No payment.
It's due at pickup which is 3:30 for this family.

I didn't say a word but 5 minutes after DCD dropped off, he returned with a check. Said DCM (who is out of town) texted him and told him to remember to pay today.

They couldn't afford the late fee come Monday and they really need daycare so those consequences influenced their memory skills so they didn't forget to pay, didn't need reminding or discussion from me. Win-win

I think it takes a bit of time but if you have set consequences with little room for anything but timely payments, you won't have to continue discussing or reminding parents. You just have to enforce your rules and make sure that whatever your consequences are they are influential enough to actually motivate the client to follow the policy every single time.