View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 07:36 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
About the extended hours, yeah, you need to make up your mind and realize that a lot of people will push those boundaries. I am amazed how many families interview, asking for a set of things, then after I send them a contract, they come back to me asking for a bit more here and a bit more there. And sure, they absolutely did know what they wanted in the beginning, but tried to soft ball me then push.

But I close at 5:30 pm, so it's always a hard "no" on that one. I get too tired after that, and I know I do from experience, so I feel very confident saying "no" to that one.

On the days off, I agree that they might feel put out by that. But then again, you're a SAHM provider who has taken maternity leaves...if you told them all that, it's not like they didn't know that you might change things on them.

Would it work to hire a sub for your Fridays? Then it would be win/win.

Good point. Our son was in daycare for nearly 3 years while I worked outside of the home. One spring my provider said, would it be upsetting if I took Fridays off for the summer. I worked 5 days a week at a bank. No way was I getting every Friday off. I said, yes that would be upsetting. I would honestly have to find someone else and leave her. She said what if my daughter came to your house on Fridays and watched him? She was in high school. I said that would be great! So she got her Fridays off, I didn't have to take my son out of the house on Fridays. It was great for us. Maybe you know of someone that would go to their house on Friday and they could pay that person.