View Single Post
missnikki 09:21 AM 02-12-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
"Each client will receive these days annually."

Does this mean at the end of the fiscal year (December) they will expire and then I can issue new vacation days for January-December? I would prefer to do it this way, but I can see if someone enrolls in September, they'll get those days in December and would use up to five free days and then get up to five free days again come January. Should I add a sentence about mid-year enrollment is pro-rated? How do I word that? I know I could do per contracted year, but I want to keep it simple for me and do everything in January.
How about,
"Vacation days renew at the start of each calendar year."

I would go ahead and allow the partial year personally, because you already have a 90 day (3 month) cushion in there. It makes for good business in my opinion. But if you aren't comfortable doing that, you could say:

"Vacation days renew at the start of each calendar year. New families enrolling after July 1st (or pick a date that works for you) will recieve half of their allotted vacation days for the first year, and will receive their full allottment the following year." or something like that.