View Single Post
mac60 03:13 AM 01-25-2010
I would simply tell her that if you are to continue to pick her up, that she must have a booster seat supplied to you within 3 days. I think your "little white lie" is a good intro into asking her to supply it. Honestly, sometimes a little white lie makes some things easier to deal with, and it causes absolutely no harm to anyone. As far as whether or not the mother uses a car seat in her own vehicle, I personally don't think that is anyones business but her'
s. She is making a bad choice, but it is her choice, and honestly not anyone else's business until the police catch her. You also need to add to your contract that if transportation is required and a booster or child seat is needed, that the parent must provide it in accordance with the law. I don't think it is unreasonable at all to ask for the parent to provide it. I have had many a parent ask me when they started their infant if I needed a pack in play, a high chair, saucer, and they were willing to supply if needed. (I supply it all though) I understand that buying this stuff is expensive, and while you do get the write off at tax time, you still have to pay for it now, but either way, you need to have one for the child.

This is why I do not transport, ever. I don't want the responsibility of someone else's child in my car, I don't want the extra insurance expense and liability issues, and many of my current parents asked if I transported children in my vehicle because they were looking for a provider who did not do this. I don't ever. Let us know how it all worked out.