View Single Post
thrivingchildcarecom 10:00 AM 04-25-2016
Man can I relate! I once had a family that was late every week for 2 years. It took me a while to register that this was being done on purpose. It obviously was not a priority to pay for tuition on time. By the time I figured that out I had let it go on for too long and didn't know how to address it. Long story short, I made a change in my policies for when tuition was due and started implementing my late fees. I do still send out weekly reminders, but rarely do I have the chronic lates anymore.

My point in telling that story is that once a problem (especially early on) always a problem. But also I had the responsibility of enforcing my businesses policies and I did not do that either.

Unfortunately, in your situation I would say you really might have to give serious consideration to terminating. As providers, sometimes we get attached to the child or even families without consideration that what we do is a business. All the extra effort put into one families situation can really take away from the child care as a whole. If we don't take care of our business it might not be there to care for the children and that really would be unfortunate.