View Single Post
SilverSabre25 08:09 AM 01-05-2011
I live in a bi-level home. The upstairs is where 3 bedrooms, 1 full bath, kitchen, living room are. I currently do daycare upstairs, with one bedroom being the naproom and the living room is the playroom. The only "grown-up" furniture in my playroom is one rocking chair.

The lower level of my house is the laundry/utility room, one bedroom, half bath, and a large family room area that is twice the size of the upstairs living room.

I am strongly, strongly, STRONGLY considering rearranging my home to give the downstairs over to daycare. The extra play space is really intriguing, and the ability to cordon off an area for the babies (my own due in 4 months, one mom just told me she's pg and another is trying) and maybe even space for the youngest toddlers and space for the older kiddos.

The stuff that's down there now (couch, TV, computer, mainly) would come up to the living room. I would still feed them in the kitchen, so we'd be coming up to the living room for a time each day so I could fix lunch. I'd probably put on a DVD or something at that time. The naproom could either stay where it is or move to the downstairs bedroom. The half-bath has space where I could eventually put one of those wall-mounted commercial changing tables. There's even a little built-in refrigerator (the old owners had a bar set-up) where I could keep bottles so i don't have to run upstairs every time a baby needs fed.

My biggest concern is the lack of adult furniture that would be downstairs. I do NOT have money right now to get a second couch, or much of anything, for that matter. It would probably just be this same rocking chair I'm sitting in atm. Maybe a desk and a desk chair. Would this be weird at all? Would the lack of adult furniture bother anyone?

I really want to switch the daycare, for more space, more room to section off littles/bigs, more room to DO stuff. But I worry about the whole having only one grown-up sized thing...now that I write this it sounds really stupid.