Thread: Snow/Cold Days
View Single Post
CityGarden 01:23 PM 01-29-2019
I have two thoughts....

1. On school closures...

From a safety standpoint I follow the school district schedule and standards for closures. I am walking distance to the local public elementary school and IF they close, I close. My thought process was if the school district is willing to go thru the headache of closure and potential loss of funding for the day then that closure was likely for good cause in terms of safety. Even if you do not follow the school district calendar for breaks/holidays I think you can follow the school district standards for weather/emergency/unexpected closures.

2. On parents getting their money worth or dropping off when they are off work...

All of my families enrolled have one stay at home or work at home parent. I do not care what they do in the time their child is with me. I am well compensated for the time I care for their child. I charge and plan based on enrollment not attendance and personally do not feel it is my place to judge or care about what parents do with their time that they have contracted childcare with me as long as they honor their contract.