View Single Post
Meeko 10:59 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I'm wondering how a waiver would work in my state.

I DO have a child in care who's parent's have not immunized their daughter by choice. Thy have an autistic older son and are convinced that it is due to his shots. So I have a waiver on file.

However, they had to go to the health department and have the waiver witnessed by an official there.

I personally love the idea of getting a waiver form from all the parents and then they can do whatever they want and I'm not responsible (keeping track of shots for 16 kids is VERY time consuming for me) BUT I can see it could get confusing for the state health dept as the parents would sign a waiver and yet then get their kids immunized anyway......hhmmmmm....gonna have to think this over before I decide to ask for a waiver from everyone....
Just called our rules training lady! She's a sweetheart! She verified that the exemption form does have to be signed by a health dept official and that it would make life very difficult for them if they had records of children NOT having immunizations when in fact they do.

So I guess I'll still being doing the paperwork!!! I wouldn't be written up for having the waivers instead of records of shots...but I can see the dilemma for the health department if every provider did it that way.