View Single Post
daycarediva 10:15 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Okay. I'm out of the conversation here. In my opinion it works.

I realize I'm a conservative (that doesn't mean Republican) and I enjoy the heck out of Trump. That doesn't make my opinions popular with many in this group, but it doesn't make me wrong.

I would spend the time, effort, and energy to back up my statements, but to what purpose? You don't sound like you're in the mood to have a kind debate.

This forum is for kind support of others.
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I'm a big fan of trickle down economics, I do think it works. Lowering the cost to do business in America was essential to make us competitive in the global market.

The thing about this kind of plan is it will take time to see how it affects us.

As a fellow trump supporter, I will stand up for you here. Trickle down economics WOULD work. Yes, they reduce the federal budget, but they have a multiplier effect on economic growth. Tax cuts put money back in business owners pockets- which they spend, right back into the economy. My dad owned a construction company and the 80's/under Reagan, he had over 100 employees and they had great benefits, solely because of his tax cuts. When those were rescinded, he had to let employees go.

It's not just little ole college educated, upper middle class, minority, small business owning trump supporters like me who agree- many economists concur.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rt-laffer-says

I live in NY, and my husband and I are both small business owners. Nothing screams STALLED GROWTH more than New York State. Our businesses are so over taxed it's easier to just move out of state, or shut down, or hire a better accountant to get more tax loopholes than it is to hire more employees and advance our businesses. We tend to hoard money, not spend it, because the tax breaks aren't there and we always end up paying in, to both the state and the IRS, in addition to our quarterly tax bills- which alone could easily support a family of 4.