View Single Post
lvt77 10:53 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
She is 16 months old and very, very babyish. She is currently in her pack n play for nap time and she is pitching a holy fit and about to wake up my 13 month old because she is tossing herself around the pnp making all sorts of noise, and I know why she's doing it too...she wants a bottle. First of all, I'm no saint my 13 month old loves his bottle too and he is still transitioning to the sippy cup (he'll take it, but he makes a real mess with it!), this little lady won't even touch her sippy, she whips it at you, the window, the tv, anything she thinks she can hit with it...and she WILL NOT sleep without a bottle.

I finally cracked down on BOTH of them this week, my son isn't thrilled but he's dealing with it with minimal meltdowns, but princess is losing her mind! At home mom lets her walk around 24/7 with a bottle! I just need to find the strength and patience to make it through nap time, then she can have a sippy with afternoon snack...hopefully she won't kill me with it! lol
I am also going through this but the child is 2...UUUGGGHH I told the parents last month no more bottle, shes too old. So we went cold turkey, she does not drink here at all...The DCM & DCD do not seemed worried at all that she is here for 10 hours and does not drink.. So I told them I am so concerned about this. They didnt care...
Long story short, they are still giving her the bottle at home. So all of my work was for nothing and I was pulling my hair out..
If mom and dad wont work with you, then you just might have to give in and no beat yourself up about it....