View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:58 AM 02-09-2011
I have had the child almost a year, took him in when he was 16 months...he was young yet and had the slight throwing/hitting issue...he was so young and didn't quite understand in my opinion...but now he's getting older and things are getting worse and the throwing/hitting is more agressive as he grows older and stronger and more frequent.

I can't say what is going on at home as I'm not there.. child lives with his mom and grandma (the mom's mom), the father is not in the picture... and from what I gather there doesn't seem to be enough discipline when he throws things at the mom and grandma (yes I know he does this because the mom and grandma tell me) and he's the baby and is oh so cute....but I'm not there and don't know what happens so can't say for sure, but from what I see he's spoiled and doesn't have enough firm rules for his naughty behavior. And if he does, it certainly isn't showing here.

But I have been firm with him and letting the child know this negative behavior isn't acceptable here for months and it's doing no good. I guess a part of me is/was hoping it was just a stage and he'll grow out of it, but as time passes, I'm losing hope and feel it's going the other way around...getting worse.