Thread: Help Please!!
View Single Post
mickey2 05:09 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
This is a very simple fix.

Tell them that the fee you are charging them is a group fee where all kids nap from 11:30 to 2:30. With his new schedule he will be sleeping one half hour of that time.

Your fee for giving him one to one care during nap time is 10 dollars an hour. So you will need an additional 25 dollars per day for a "no nap during nap" fee.

This fee covers your additional time in the evening that you will need to get the things done you normally do when they are sleeping: your paid break, cleaning, bookkeeping, dishes, meal prep etc.

Tell them that their decision can be done daily and just pay you on arrival for whatever hours they would like him up at nap.

This keeps you out of the loop of discussing whether or not he needs a nap which is VERY important in these discussions. You will always loose a "what he needs" discussion because they are his parents and they know him best.

The other route is to tell them you don't provide services to children who don't NEED a full afternoon nap.

If you are looking for a way to talk them into it I wish you luck. They want an easy early bed time and no amount of words other than "NO" or "yes but you pay" or going to talk them out of the easy early for free bed time.
I agree!!

Every child naps here from 1-3. Unless the parents want to pay a maid to come and do all of the things I really need to do while they sleep there are not going to be any exceptions!

Parents really have no idea what a long day this is for us! I would like to see them work through their lunch and coffee breaks EVERYDAY like we all do!